By default, workpapers in the following formats are set to roll forward when you roll forward an engagement:
- Microsoft® Excel® (XLS and XLSX)
- Microsoft® Word (DOC and DOCX)
- Text files (TXT)
All other file formats are set to not roll forward by default.
You can change the roll forward setting for any workpaper in the workpaper's properties. You can also review and select roll forward options for all workpapers in an engagement as part of the roll forward process.
- Only the latest version of the workpaper that was uploaded is available in the new engagement.
- Workpapers retain their indexes and roll forward selections from the original engagement.
- Workpaper references in the trial balance are retained if you select to roll forward the referenced workpaper.
- Workpaper references in journal entries are retained if you select to roll forward both journal entries and workpapers when you roll forward the engagement.
- Workpaper notes are included only if the option to include them in roll forward has been set.
- All sign-offs are removed from workpapers.
To set the roll forward option in a workpaper's properties, do the following:
- Click the engagement on the Engagement List page.
- Locate the workpaper on the Engagement View page.
- Click in the Actions column for the workpaper, and then select Properties.
- In the Roll forward list, select to either include or exclude the workpaper from roll forward.
If you cannot change the roll forward option, verify that the file isn't in use.
- Click Save.